[kictanet] Digital to Analog Conversion

Wainaina Mungai wainaina at madeinkenya.org
Wed Dec 16 20:27:31 EAT 2009

Hi Robert,

I fully support the idea of local assembly of DVB decoders by
eliminating taxation on components/parts. That will create employment
and catalyse the development of ''digital'' human resource. I wonder
if Dr. Ndemo would run with this idea.

There may be need to retain the taxation on fully assembled imported
decoders at it's current level instead of increasing it. That should
ensure would-be local assemblers face healthy competition from
imports.

Regards,
Wainaina

--