[kictanet] MOBILE WEB EAST AFRICA 3-4 Feb 2010, Nairobi

Paul Kukubo pkukubo at ict.go.ke
Mon Dec 14 15:26:36 EAT 2009

The Kenya ICT Board is finalising discussions with the organisers about
supporting this conference next year.

We hold the view that many of the next entrepreneurs will emerge from
exploiting the  mobile platform to deliver internet based services for
Kenya's mass market.

We are particularly keen on how the Original equipment Manufactures (OEMs),
Global Operators, Technology MNCs like Cisco, Microsoft, develop their
partner ecosystem to deliver their services. These partners are the
businesses that then develop skills, experience and provide jobs within the
ICT sector.

Our modest support of the mobile boot camp at strathmore college for 3 times
in a row is proving to us that the mobile phone is a platform on which
entrepreueners and business can be built by forward looking Kenyans who
create ideas to solve some of our pressing issues.

Paul Kukubo
Chief Executive Officer, Kenya ICT Board
PO Box 27150 - 00100
Nairobi, Kenya

12th Floor, Teleposta Towers Koinange Street

Tel +254 20 2089061, +254 20 2211960

Fax: +254 20 2211962
Cell: + 254 735 180001

website: www.ict.go.ke