[kictanet] Who does Yawe expect to produce this content.

John K. Njoroge kabogojn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 08:12:55 EAT 2009

Robert:

I agree with PS Ndemo, totally. We are all responsible for local content
creation in this country, especially if we are going to adequately use the
broadband Internet Connectivity.

Certainly, a lot relating to digitizing that Government needs to do, as a
matter of necessity, is both propagated and accelerated by the requisite
policies and laws. And for your information, the Directorate of e-Government
has now finished working on a draft Web Development and Management Policy
for Government. This will require all Government Ministries and Departments
to enhance the Government Web Presence accordingly, including a management
team for web related content to ensure that Government communicates (and
offers services) as one, online, and most importantly to create a
sustainable mechanism for the same.

We are equally speeding up the process and hopefully, we shall see a
Government surge in the use ICTs and the Internet.

--
John K. Njoroge
Directorate of e-Government
kabogojn at hotmail.com