[kictanet] Question on ICT/BPO Park

Mworia Wilfred Mutua wmworia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 11:25:07 EAT 2009

Hi all,

Upon all the talk of buildings and parks, let me just make a voice for
encouraging startup culture, tech entrepreneurial culture, and creating an
environment for the entrepreneurs and innovators. Paul Graham founder of
y-combinator explains this really well - How to be Silicon
Valley<http://paulgraham.com/siliconvalley.html>(check out the 'Not
Buildings' sections) & Can
you buy a Silicon Valley? Maybe <http://paulgraham.com/maybe.html> (Full
list of P.G.s essays here <http://paulgraham.com/articles.html>)

All the same, I appreciate the efforts by the ministry and stakeholders, at
the very least you will all agree it's better than nothing, right? :)

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:49 AM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Saturday I was in Nanyuki where we had gone for the opening of a new
> shopping mall that will be housing a Nakumatt Supermarket.  When I was there
> I took time to explore the region.
>
> I believe we should seriously look at locating an ICT Park in Nanyuki as it
> has all the conditions. The weather is good, there is ample land, sufficient
> water and an opportunity for green energy production from solar and wind.
> There are also 2 fibre cables that have already landed in the town, KDN &
> GOK.  There is an abundance of recreation facilities and the town is
> cosmopolitan.  With 4 military barracks in the region you are sure of
> security.
>
> While there I took time to talk to the Mayor who is very interested in such
> a project, any of you out there who are willing to invest in the future of
> Kenya?  I will be putting together a think tank to look into the viability
> of such a project.
>
> Regards
>
> Robert Yawe
> KAY System Technologies Ltd