[kictanet] Question on ICT/BPO Park

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 8 09:49:47 EAT 2009

Hi,

On Saturday I was in Nanyuki where we had gone for the opening of a new shopping mall that will be housing a Nakumatt Supermarket.  When I was there I took time to explore the region.

I believe we should seriously look at locating an ICT Park in Nanyuki as it has all the conditions. The weather is good, there is ample land, sufficient water and an opportunity for green energy production from solar and wind.  There are also 2 fibre cables that have already landed in the town, KDN & GOK.  There is an abundance of recreation facilities and the town is cosmopolitan.  With 4 military barracks in the region you are sure of security.

While there I took time to talk to the Mayor who is very interested in such a project, any of you out there who are willing to invest in the future of Kenya?  I will be putting together a think tank to look into the viability of such a project.

Regards

Robert Yawe

KAY System Technologies Ltd

Phoenix House, 6th Floor