[kictanet] .ke domain costs too high

Solomon Mburu Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 22:47:34 EAT 2009

2009/12/3 robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk>

> Barack you did not differ but agree with me.
>
> But my question still stands why can't KENIC reduce the cost of .ke?
>
> The essence of a PPP is to create conducive environment for the players to
feel accommodated and be part of the driving force.
KENIC has done well, in addressing the issue of .ke domains, although the
public perception feels that .com is far much better than anything .ke.

If that is the case, then it's time for KENIC to come forward and make the
dream of realizing .ke a reality.
My suggestion would be to have some kind of approaches which will call for
domain name registration which should include the cost of hosting a website.
This, IMO, would be, in a great sense, create employment opportunities for
the robust and focused web designers and new entities would be registered.

I wouldn't advocate for death of KENIC as Bob has advocated!

> Regards
>
> Robert Yawe
> KAY System Technologies Ltd
> Phoenix House, 6th Floor
> P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
> Kenya
>
> Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau
P.O. Box 19343 - 00202 Nairobi
Cell: (+254-0) 735 431041

Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all the
same way to the side of a hill!

AND

It is better to die in dignity than in the ignomity of ambiguous generosity!

http://dawn-in-kenya.blogspot.com
http://smiley2.wordpress.com
http://mburu.sikika.co.ke

Sent from Kenya