[kictanet] My Take: Affordable computers-remember eMaddo?

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 16:55:02 EAT 2009

local capacity development for Assembling/manufacturing PCs?  Indeed there is (was?) such an initiative started 4yrs ago between the Kenyan ICT Ministry and local Universities - under the brand name eMaddo Project.  SU, UoN, JKUAT and Multimedia Univ College were all signatories...with CCK throwing in the seed money.

But today I am not sure if any of the Universities are still in this project. But I can tell you that we bought quite a number of these locally assembled eMaddo Computers and 3yrs down the road they are still working and are as strong as the branded ones (Dell, HP etc)

walu.