[kictanet] Kenya IGF Meeting & Statistics - Census

Akich Kwach kwach at archway-productions.com
Thu Aug 27 14:05:12 EAT 2009

Hello,

I have just been counted this morning and it is interesting there is much
data to do with access to ICT . For example they ask whether you access
internet from office or at home and frequency. Other ICT items such as TV,
Land line, Computer, Radio (they ask whether you listen to radio - which
does apply in my case, except if travel by Matatu). However there was no
mention of mobile phone. In addition, they ask if the children uses
computer, though not specific at school or home. As a reseacher, my view is
if data is analysed well, it will be quite informative as far as "Access to
ICT" accross the country is concerned.

Interestingly enough, the enumerator did not ask me about the contraversial
"which tribe i belong to", I guess he picked it from the general responses.
Others could share their experiences.

Akich Kwach