[kictanet] A wake up call......

Judy Okite judyokite at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 12:27:09 EAT 2009

this is a very big and positive step...like my country men would say "mkono
wa sheria siyo mfupi."

NJ man is first to be charged with Web name theft

By VICTOR EPSTEIN, Associated Press Writer - Mon Aug 3, 2009 6:04PM EDT
UNION, N.J. -

A northern New Jersey man is charged with stealing a prime piece of Internet
real estate and reselling it to basketball player Mark Madsen in one of the
nation's first prosecutions of a suspected domain name thief.

Daniel Goncalves, 25, of Union, hacked into an online account belonging to
one of the owners of the
P2P.com<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/ap/ap_on_hi_te/storytext/us_tec_domain_name_theft/32928079/SIG=10ghd710h/*http://P2P.com>domain
name, New
Jersey State Police said Monday. He allegedly shifted ownership to himself
and resold the Web site address on eBay to Madsen, a Los Angeles
Clippersforward who did not know the name was stolen.
http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090803/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_domain_name_theft

Kind Regards,
--
"Each of us is great insofar as we perceive and act on the infinite
possibilities which lie undiscovered and unrecognized about us." James