[kictanet] Looking for a Savvy Web Project Manager.

Moses Kemibaro moses at dotsavvyafrica.com
Sun Aug 2 15:18:57 EAT 2009

The Web Project Manager will lead all phases of projects including
requirements analysis, planning, design, web development, quality
assurance, and deployment of revenue supporting products and services:

·     Manage the timeline and project plan for all content,
programming, design, and web development

·     Collaborate closely with the Technical Team for managing system
dependencies

·     Collaborate closely with the Business Development and Production
Team to ensure requirements are sufficiently outlined and executed

·     Engage with cross-functional teams to help identify and execute
the company's strategic vision and business objectives related to the
co-brand

·     Communicate ongoing status for projects

·     Escalate and lead the resolution of issues impacting an on-time,
successful launch

·     Manage appropriate dependencies with partners and other third-
parties to ensure timely completion

·     Manage and raise appropriate awareness to risks impacting the
timeline or the quality of deliverables

·     Lead the creation of and adherence to the production workflows
for the maintenance of products

·     Oversee and lead the planning for the implementation of all
phases of products

·     Facilitate appropriate ongoing product and functionality updates

Key Measurements:

·     On-time delivery of projects

·     Alignment of products at launch with PRDs

·     Number of website with quality assurance issues past and present
discovered after launch

·     Escalation and coordination of issues and key decisions when
appropriate

·     Effective utilization of resources

Skills:

·     Ability to excel in a constantly evolving environment

·     Ability to quickly grasp the objectives and direction of the
products

·     Ability to operate in a product management capacity when needed

·     Interest in creating, supporting and executing the operational
guidelines necessary for ensuring the utmost efficiency of all resources

·     Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures

·     Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment

·     Ability to collaborate with executive management and help
execute the company's strategic vision

·     Ability to be responsible, accountable and result driven

·     Excellent communication skills

·     Excellent organization and documentation skills

·     Strong people skills with a relationship-building, problem-
solving approach

Experience:

·     At least 5 years of related work experience

·     International Project Management experience a plus

·     Strong familiarity with the Web and comfort level working in the
technical medium

·     Experience working in a fast-paced Web environment

·     At least a basic understanding of Internet technical protocols
such as HTML, Javascript, XML, web publishing, and database structure

NOTE: Applicants must have a proven track record in delivering
projects from the requirements analysis phase through the
implementation cycle and be able to provide performance measures of
success

Education:

4-year Bachelors degree in a related field

Where you will work:

We have a great office in one of Nairobi's quieter suburbs near the
city centre with lots of windows and a very open floor plan. We dress
down most of the time, but are always at our best in front of
clients.​ We are professional and the management team is very hands
on and engaged with the work that is done.

We try very hard not to require more hours that are required of anyone
and we strive to work 8.30 to 5.00 pm every day with a one hour lunch
break.​  That said, we're flexible and recognize that we all have
lives outside of the office - and we also know that sometimes,
especially when deadlines demand it, normal working hours just won't
get the job done.​  When it doesn't, we act accordingly - and we show
our appreciation when people step-up.​  We use our leave days and so
will you, for your sanity and ours.​

If think that your that special talent we may be looking for, kindly
send us your CV on jobs at dotsavvyafrica.com by the 10th August 2009.
---