[kictanet] South Africa embraces ICT in polls

wesley kiriinya kiriinya2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 15:42:26 EAT 2009

Well our census is up in a few months. Let's see if technology will be used to verify the truth of the collected data.

I believe in a system where everything works like it's supposed to, data from deaths, births, immigration (and whatever affects population size) can be used to update the population statistics, and a census only conducted in areas where there seems to be an abnormal population size change (small-scale census). Technology can go a long way into making this a reality. I believe the cost of maintaining the technology and doing small-scale census would be cheaper than doing an entire census every decade.

O_O