[kictanet] KEN Irema Cia Wendo: Gikuyu Movie on Africa Magic+ (DSTV)

Mwangi Wamae mwangi.wamae at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 22:35:38 EAT 2009

I was surfing channels and I came across a Gikuyu movie on DSTV.  This is
the first Gikuyu movie I have ever seen!  It is a well produced movie and,
well, it *spoke* to me.  It is astounding that in 40-something years I have
never seen a full production movie in my vernacular.

The power of language is amazing, I commend the *Kenya Film Commission* and
all those who made it possible.

I was so captivated that I strongly advocate more movies in local languages
-- I watch French, Italian and German movies with subtities, I am sure that
I would have no problem with sub-titled movies in Dholuo, Maragoli or Kisii.

-Mw, Cape Town