[kictanet] Safcom Mobile Internet Charging Model

mike oketch mikeoketch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 08:34:46 EAT 2009

John
1GB is Ksh 2499.

The charging model is different from Zain. Zain uses E220 Huawei Modem and
Safaricom now has upgraded to the E160 though all are HSDPA (3G) modem. Zain
charges you Ksh 3999 (4k) per month for unlimited modem while you use GPRS
in most cases and edge in very few cases. So with Zain you have very low
speeds at cheep rate whil Safaricom has high speeds but at a great expense
of around Ksh 10 per mb.

Safaricom has the same charge for pospaid and prepaid. You will not restrict
your budget with prepaid in Safcom. I met a guy who was complaining that
Safaricom charged him close to 35,000 for internet in a month. Safaricom was
right because they charged him per MB and the guy downloaded all the Music
and Softwares using Peer to Peer systems.

Zain is good for the patient man out there. But Safaricom is best when you
want to control your budget as well as have a fast cconnectin and you are
the only one using thee modem. Otherwise, utalipa kwa mapua