[kictanet] Consumer Affairs: Call Drops/Call Fails

Eric Aligula jairah at KIPPRA.OR.KE
Sat Sep 20 11:13:07 EAT 2008

All:

Over the last six months I have experienced a number of call fails/call
drops on the Safaricom network.  Or you call, the line goes through and
there is no reception of voice from the person being called?

I would like to know whether there are consumers out there on this list
or elsewhere on the local networks who have experienced the same?  What
solutions have been proffered?

Are there any financial implications related to these call fails or call
drops?  In other words, am I charged for a call fail or call drop?

What remedies they may have applied and what recourse consumers would
have in respect of the various providers?

Kind regards

Eric Aligula Magolo, PhD

Senior Analyst

Infrastructure and Economic Services Division

Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)

P.O. Box 56445, 00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:       +254-20-2719933/4
Fax:                +254-20-2719951
E-mail:            jairah at kippra.or.ke <mailto:jairah at kippra.or.ke>

Proudly Kenyan

"In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been
granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I
do not shrink from this responsibility..........I welcome it."

John F. Kennedy

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do
nothing."

Edmund Burke

"Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though
checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray
twilight that knows not victory, nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

"Ex Africa semper aliquid novi"