[kictanet] [Skunkworks] Big Bang Replay

Gakuru Alex alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:50:17 EAT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Mike Bullut <mike.bullut at gmail.com> wrote:
> David et al.,
>
> If I may ask you: What is the significance of research? Or more deeply: What
> is the purpose of meaning? I'll leave you to answer the latter question for
> yourselves. I'm a staunch advocate of research for the reason being most of
> mankind's greatest advancements wouldn't have seen the light of day if a
> certain man/woman hadn't taken the initiative to investigate better ways on
> how to execute certain/everyday tasks.

Furthermore,

"It's New World Record for Wireless Optical Transmission"

Italian and Japanese scientists have demonstrated a laser based
wireless communications system which has achieved a record
transmission of 1.28 Terabit/s (or 1280 Gigabit/s) in a free air link
between two transceivers installed on the roof of the CEIIC building
and on the roof of the Building A at the Italian National Research
Council around 210 meters away. what would...

<http://www.cellular-news.com/story/33614.php>

This thread enlightens on the value we hold for knowledge?

Some examples: Doctor friends have told me of "bill sneaky" parents
who ambush them at social events (weddings, etc) calling their unwell
child(ren) casually asking for "advice" on what medicine they should
buy for their child? Lawyers at pubs bought a bottle or two and a few
questions poping up to Bwana Wakili... "supposing this happened ..
what would..supposedly, hypothetical, litigant do?", prospective
builder land owners asking just for "sketch drafts" of building from
architects (only for them to go ahead and construct the building
without architects). Software developers know many clients complaining
"they only inserted a small thing (flash) on their computers for a few
minutes and now they are demanding *a lot* of money!!!

As we stride into the "knowledge economy" perhaps we should appreciate
more the value of knowledge (and costs investment therein) and also
protect ours from knowledge thieves...If we do not, more of "Address
Africa's lost knowledge"  will continue
<http://www.bdafrica.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9922&Itemid=5848
> (Business Daily published by attached reaction:)

Sent from "Kenya the land of the knowledgeable":)

Enjoy!

Alex