[kictanet] [Skunkworks] Big Bang Replay

David Otwoma otwomad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:32:06 EAT 2008

Mike,

If you are to be a good physicist you have to stop believing in the
hoax of a 'godly' being. Only then can you make plausible assumptions
and use them to test a hypothesis.

That experiment is not only about the big bang theory but more
importantly the confirmation of the special theory of relativity.

Keep hallucinations (beliefs in mortal/immortal beings) and observe
either from existentialist or matter principle. The answers are
staring you in the face. Just be a little bit innovative.

Kind regards,

David

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Mike Bullut <mike.bullut at gmail.com> wrote:
> David et al.,
>
> If I may ask you: What is the significance of research? Or more deeply: What
> is the purpose of meaning? I'll leave you to answer the latter question for
> yourselves. I'm a staunch advocate of research for the reason being most of
> mankind's greatest advancements wouldn't have seen the light of day if a
> certain man/woman hadn't taken the initiative to investigate better ways on
> how to execute certain/everyday tasks.
>
> Here are a few of them:
>
> Alexander Graham Bell & his invention of the telephone. [Communication]
> Alexander Flemming & his discovery of penicillin. [Medicine]
> Thomas Edison & his invention of the electric bulb. [Engineering?]
>
> In the advancement of knowledge:
>
> Albert Einstein & his theory of relativity. [Physics]
> Alfred Wegner & his theory of continental drift. [Geology, Geography]
> Charles Darwin & his theory of evolution. [Biology]
> Nicolaus Copernicus & his theory of heliocentric cosmology. [Astronomy]
>
> Onto the subject of the experiments being conducted at the Large Hadron
> Collider situated at CERN, their raison d'être is to scrutinize The Big Bang
> Theory. One of science's (& life's) greatest mysteries is the origin of
> everything (the universe, life itself etc). There are two schools of thought
> that try to illustrate this: Religion & Science. The former explains that
> the universe was created by a supreme being, God, at the beginning of time &
> took six days with our Heavenly Father resting on the seventh day. The
> latter explains that the universe was created in a cataclysmic explosion
> originating from the most infinitesimal particle of matter which has
> expanded (over the course of fifteen billion years & counting) to what we
> observe today through telescopes. Of course, these schools of thought have
> their respective weaknesses. Religion can't describe how God executed the
> creation process e.g. did he just snap his fingers when an idea came to mind
> or did he follow a procedure which culminated in an entity (star, planet,
> black hole etc)? Forgive me for offending/insulting my fellow Christians but
> what most of them don't understand is that the Bible is just a chronological
> series of events & not a biographical-like text. Picture this: the book of
> Genesis tells us the world was created in six days. How supremely confident
> are we that these are six Earth days? My quagmire is this: Does time pass at
> the same rate between us & God? My answer: Time Dilation, i.e. from the
> perspective of any observer within the same frame of reference & without
> reference to another frame of reference, time always passes at the same
> rate. "According To The Evidence" by Erich Von Daniken gives a good case of
> this. Science, on the other hand, explains how matter operates (from the
> atomic level) which answers questions as how the ozone layer is depleted,
> how the sun creates its energy that sustains life on Earth (though partly)
> [...]

David Otwoma,
Chief Science Secretary,
National Council for Science and Technology,
Utalii House 9th Floor,
Mobile tel: +254 722 141771,
Office tel: +254 (0)20 2346915,
P. O. Box 29899 - 00100, Nairobi, Kenya