[kictanet] "Draft" ICT Practioners Act

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 11:25:04 EAT 2008

Relax Waudo and enjoy the beauty of Milan,

As for the caveat, I had already declared earlier that I sit on the KASNEB board (and several others) but did not wish to belabor the point lest I am also accused of increasing un-employment in Kenya ;-)

But however, plse take my questions in good faith since I was just trying to look at the big picture in terms of cordinating ICT initiatives. Infact, it may lead to the government asking KASNEB to retire or forward their ICT Examination program to the future ICT Institution!

As for killing innovation, i was of the view that unlike other professionss, Lawyers, Accountants, Doctors, etc. ICT innovations seems to spring out of chaps that have no professional licensing restrictions - eBay, FaceBook, Microsoft, Google just to mention afew.

You can imagine if the US government brought down Microsoft and Facebook because their creators were unlicensed Harvard dropouts with no power to practice.

walu -
Professionally Certified
CCNA(2001), CISA (2005), SuSE Linux (2003) and awaiting Waudo's Certifications ;-).