[kictanet] Runway inflation?

aki aki275 at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 4 13:07:34 EAT 2008

At this stage I wish I knew more about economics than ICT!

While these lists are ICT based, if we have an economist on board, it would
be a great help to some of us if the person can do some analysis and share
it on this list.

Some points to consider ( my amatuer input ) :

- Electricity runs the economy. At 100% or more increase, what will it mean
in the long term, say 3-12months from now?

- Closure of businesses, loss of employment, eroded spending power by the
consumers or businesses?

- How much of the increased costs will affect property business
rental prices ?

- How will the informal sector handle this?

- How will ICT companies fare in this scenario?

- Price increases of products, solutions etc lead to a negative market
trend?

My apology for posting these issues here.

Aki.