[kictanet] Runway inflation?

Josiah Mugambi jmugambi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 11:03:11 EAT 2008

Fuel is almost Europe .. 1.4-1.5€/litre i think currently, and our current
transport infrastructure (or lack of), is not helping at all.

I wonder if the oil deal with Sudan will have any positive effects on the
price.

Something has to give at some point.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:52 AM, aki <aki275 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Dear all, I recently returned from an overseas trip and was dismayed to
> learn that it's becoming very expensive in kenya.
> Here are two examples:
>
> 1) Electicity cost has gone up by 100%! This means every business, whether
> small scale or large will have to adjust their sale prices. ( One of my
> friend's just paid a bill of USD 300! )
>
> 2) Fuel is now at almost 1.5USD/Litre! ( This price seems like I'm
> purchasing fuel somewhere in Europe )
>
> I'm not an economist but I seriously wonder where we are heading. Will
> struggling industries such as the BPOs remain competitive enough to survive?
> Are we going to loose our price competitive edge to runaway inflation?
>
> Aki.

Josiah Mugambi
+254 738 504418

Blog: http://blog.josiahmugambi.com