[kictanet] Runway inflation?

aki aki275 at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 4 10:52:31 EAT 2008

Dear all, I recently returned from an overseas trip and was dismayed to
learn that it's becoming very expensive in kenya.
Here are two examples:

1) Electicity cost has gone up by 100%! This means every business, whether
small scale or large will have to adjust their sale prices. ( One of my
friend's just paid a bill of USD 300! )

2) Fuel is now at almost 1.5USD/Litre! ( This price seems like I'm
purchasing fuel somewhere in Europe )

I'm not an economist but I seriously wonder where we are heading. Will
struggling industries such as the BPOs remain competitive enough to survive?
Are we going to loose our price competitive edge to runaway inflation?

Aki.