[kictanet] Stakeholder Queries:

David Otwoma otwomad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 08:25:04 EAT 2008

Dear All,

"Comments from BPO operators and of course other Stakeholders" please.

Safaricom in Sh1bn customer care plan (see Daily Nation page 28)

Many companies have been turning to BPOs as the financial benefits of
outsourcing continue to make it compelling, with cost savings and
efficiency improvements being the dominant reasons companies use such
services. However, companies biggest concerns on outsourcing relate to
data security.

The move, seen a precautionary measure in the face of growing
competition, marks a complete turnaround by the mobile provider which
in July last year had sought quotations from local Business Process
Outsourcing (BPO) firms.

"Outsourcing the customer care function proved to be too expensive for
the kind of quality that we required. We will just have to run the
service in-house," said Safaricom chief executive Michael Joseph.

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/news/-/1006/466372/-/jiyt3xz/-/index.html

--
David Otwoma,
Chief Science Secretary,