[kictanet] Fwd: PS Ndemo, ECONET Scandal aand Vested Interests

Joseph Manthi jmanthi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 02:13:16 EAT 2008

Edith,There are some useful lessons - but these lessons do not include:

1. How to give away your national treasures - like bandwidth - to foreign
entities just because they say they can not do any business with local
entrepreneurs. In fact I know this for a fact, you would never get a license
to operate in UAE if this was your argument. Further to this lesson I would
like to point to these additional countries that would laugh you out of town
if you made that argument - US (some businesses like Airline, Military and
Defense, Telecommunications (not ISP), Radio & TV), India, Singapore,
Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, the whole of Middle East, South Africa,
Japan (especially Japan)

2. How not be conned. Kenya seems to heading there with its eyes opened.
When a man approaches a woman, it would be a very stupid woman, who knowing
what a man is capable of, to accept the BS that the man is feeding her. And
if she does then she deserves what she gets. Kenya will get what it deserves
and very soon. A good example is Russia and its oligarchs - all members of
the Forbes Richest.

3. Great leadership is necessary to grow a country. A leadership with
intestinal fortitude to say no under pressure. Top to bottom,

4. That the local mwananchi can invest in their own country and manage its
growth

5. That a great nation looks upon its diaspora to grow it - a la Israel and
India

6. That a great nation does not wait to be raped twice - We seem to be
following a process that will guarantee our raping despite how Kenyan some
members of this committee think they are. Its just a matter of time before
they pick up their bags and leave. I really do not think that as a national
planner I should be putting my eggs in that basket.

Joe

Joseph Manthi
CEO
MEO Ltd