[kictanet] Fwd: PS Ndemo, ECONET Scandal aand Vested Interests

Lizette Kraft lfkraft at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 13:52:07 EAT 2008

Just my two pennies worth here.

Kenya is not an Island that it can survive on its own even through local
investment. Most times we dont have the funds. I do agree though about the
Government and banks not supporting local investors with loans etc. They
must start giving them the opportunity to setup local expertise and turn
them in money making ventures, if only they wouldn't fleece their own
companies.  Even America, the giant needs investors!!! You all have a valid
point but use it for the best interests of Kenya and its people first and
foremost. Not just self interest for the few.  And by the way Kenyans come
in all shapes, sizes, COLOURS, and creed. So please don't generalise who is
kenyan and who is not!!!  Kencall directors and owners are Kenyan and not
outsiders if I understand correctly. When we are taxed whether individually
or coorporately, the money is used for Kenya and Kenyans and not for
outsiders who invested!  Forcing local partnership in foreign owned
companies has its negative and positive effects.
This needs to be look at more seriously to make it a win-win situation. It
has been known in the past that foreign investors with forced local
partnership have been subjected to threats and intimidation by the local
partners when they wanted more than their fare share, (given to them mind
you). Thus the weariness o
of being forced now. This does not attract any investor. But the foreigners
should not fleece the country either!

Let us have some constructive critisism without being racially inclined.
Fight to make things right no matter what but without pinpointing
nationalities or colours of people.

On 10/7/08, John Maina <j.maina at ymail.com> wrote:

>  http://www.wananchiforums.com/showthread.php?p=3150#poest3150

Lizette Kraft