[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] Re: PS Ndemo, ECONET Scandal aand Vested Interests

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 18:47:04 EAT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Joseph Manthi <jmanthi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Crystal
> This is demeaning to Kenyans. You should stop discussing issues about Kenya
> unless you know what you are talking about.
> Grameen Bank and Telecom is a Bangladeshi company. Why shouldn't Kenyans own
> the major telecomms? Is there a law that states only foreigners can own
> these companies?
> Anyway I do not want to belittle this discussion by reading what foreigners
> think about Kenyans. Only Kenyans can solve Kenyan issues.

Joseph,

Kenyan issues can be solved by anyone with Kenyas interest at heart,
and if they can get the facilitation to do it. Can American problems
be solved by Kenyans or foreigners for that matter? Yes, they can. So
does Kenyan issues. Otherwise there'd be no reason for Kenyans to be
living in the US, or any other foreign countries.

> I do not know what John is talking about (and I know John, unlike most of
> you who do not) and I am waiting to hear a response from PS Ndemo. I think
> the least we can demand of our public servant is a fair hearing. Let Dr
> Ndemo speak for himself.

Even if there are impropriety accusations against Dr. Ndemo, this
isn't the right place to address them. As such he shouldn't respond to
any such accusations. The Kenyan law also protects citizens from doing
things that may end up incriminating themselves, no?

I am not taking any sides with anyone. Anyone with evidence against
the PS can institute private prosecution.

Let us discuss and formulate policies that can drive this country to
prosperity and not personalities.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,