[kictanet] 7 Presents for IYPF’s 7th Birthday

Constance Georgina Khaendi Walyaro constance at youthaidscoalition.org
Thu Oct 9 03:07:25 EAT 2008

Dear Comrades,

4th October 2008 marked the 7th Birthday of the International Young
Professionals Foundation.

Born at the conclusion of the first International Young Professionals
Summit in October 2001 on Australia´s Gold Coast, the IYPF has grown in
to a strong global network of young professionals spanning 130 countries
working together to create a better world for current and future
generations.

To celebrate our 7th Birthday, we´ve put together 7 `gifts´ for you.

1. IYPS 2008 portal
http://scenta.interwise.com/etechb/Portal/IYPS

Go here to see all of the presentations, session summaries, and even live
recordings from our 3rd International Young Professionals Summit, held 19-
23 August 2008 in Manchester UK. Be sure to take the time to listen to
the presentation by Professor Jeffrey Sachs on how young professionals
can help to achieve the Millennium Development Goals

2. IYPS 2008 Declaration & Communique
http://www.iypf.org/files/iyps2008/IYPS2008_Public_Communique.pdf

The IYPS 2008 alumni present their commitments and call to action. Read
it, join us, and pass it on.

3. Monthly virtual meetings
http://scenta.interwise.com/etechb/Portal/IYPS

At the IYPS 2008 portal, there are links to upcoming events to be held on
Interwise. We will hold monthly meetings and all are invited. The October
meeting will focus on projects and plans for engaging young professionals
in the MDGs. The November meeting will be a learning opportunity as we
invite someone working on the MDGs to brief us. In December, we will hold
our Annual General Meeting + have another projects and planning meeting.
Bookmark the portal website and come back regularly to see what is on.

4. Stand Up Against Poverty
http://www.iypf.org/?q=content/events

Join hundreds of other young professionals at more than 50 events in more
than 30 countries to Stand Up Against Poverty between 17 and 19 October
and demonstrate that we are ready to play our role in seeing the MDGs
realised by 2015.

5. Mdgpledge.org
http://www.mdgpledge.org

Visit mdgpledge.org today and pledge to incorporate the MDGs in to your
personal and professional e-mail signatures. It is a quick and easy way
to raise awareness about the MDGs and start conversations with your
friends and colleagues. More MDG pledges will follow.

6. Onedoes.org
http://www.onedoes.org

To create a better world for all, all we must do is what we can. Visit
onedoes.org and nominate outstanding young professionals who inspire you.

7. New IYPF.ORG
http://www.iypf.org

We´ve revamped our website. It is now easier to quickly learn about IYPF
and find out how to get involved.

Click through to enjoy each gift and share these gifts with your friends
and colleagues.

We look forward to working with you all to mobilise and engage young
professionals in achieving the Millennium Development Goals over the next
12 months.

Thanks for your part in making all of this a reality!!!

Cameron, Greg, Connie and the IYPF team

STAND UP AGAINST POVERTY
Oct 17 - 19 2008
http://www.standagainstpoverty.org/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Join the International Young Professionals Foundation in
harnessing the power of young professionals to help achieve
the Millennium Development Goals by 2015.
http://www.iypf.org/membership.htm
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Start helping to achieve the Millennium Development Goals:
http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/
http://www.millenniumvillages.org/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cameron Neil
Chief Executive Officer
0402 072 452 cameronneil@ iypf.org
www.iyps.org www.iypf.org

Constance Georgina Khaendi Walyaro
Director, Chair FWG
constancewalyaro at iypf.org
www.iyps.org www.iypf.org

Kind regards,

Connie

Constance Georgina Khaendi Walyaro

constance at youthaidscoalition .org

Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS [GYCA]

TASK FORCE
M +254 722 937102
W +254 020 2116338
 F +44 87 1253 2410
www.youthaidscoalition.org

Riverside Drive, Nairobi
Kenya

Citron Wood Foundation [CWF]

President
connie at citronwoodfoundation.org

www.citronwoodfoundation.or.ke

Oxfam  IYP [OIYP]

Action Partner

www.iyp.oxfam.org

International Young Professionals Foundation [IYPF]
Director & Chair FWG
constancewalyaro at iypf.org
www.iypf.org

Health and Int. Trade Advocacy Team - Ke [HTATKE]

Technical Advisor

connie at htatke.or.ke

www.htatke.org

Events Director

Top 30 Under 30

constance at top30under30.com

www.top30under30.com

'youth building a peaceful, equitable and sustainable world' OIYP

…………..as long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality persist in our world, none of us can truly rest. Alleviating poverty is not an act of charity. It is an act of duty. Nelson Mandela
The young leaders who gather for the second sitting of the Oxfam International Youth Parliament (OIYP) in July 2004 in Sydney come from every corner of the Globe and each of them has something unique to contribute. In their diversity they are united by common ideals. They are determined to work together to bring real change where it is needed most in the world.  KOFI ANNAN, Former UN Secretary General