[kictanet] Project 10 to the 100th by Google

Constance Georgina Khaendi Walyaro constance at youthaidscoalition.org
Thu Oct 9 02:55:14 EAT 2008

Salaams!

Project 10100 is a call for ideas by Google to change the world by helping as many people as possible. Only individuals (not organizations) can submit ideas from anywhere in the world.

For more information:
http://www.project10tothe100.com/

Submission Deadline: October 20, 2008

Categories:

Community: How can we help connect people, build communities and protect unique cultures?

Opportunity: How can we help people better provide for themselves and their families?

Energy: How can we help move the world toward safe, clean, inexpensive energy?

Environment: How can we help promote a cleaner and more sustainable global ecosystem?

Health: How can we help individuals lead longer, healthier lives?

Education: How can we help more people get more access to better education?

Shelter: How can we help ensure that everyone has a safe place to live?

Everything else: Sometimes the best ideas don't fit into any category at all.

Criteria:
Reach: How many people would this idea affect?
Depth: How deeply are people impacted? How urgent is the need?
Attainability: Can this idea be implemented within a year or two?
Efficiency: How simple and cost-effective is your idea?
Longevity: How long will the idea's impact last?

Google has committed $10 million to fund up to five ideas selected by their advisory board. Once ideas are selected, Google will use an RFP process to identify the organization(s) that are in the best position to implement the selected ideas and will be providing funding to these organizations to implement the ideas.

-

Kind regards,

Connie

Constance Georgina Khaendi Walyaro

constance at youthaidscoalition .org

Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS [GYCA]

TASK FORCE
M +254 722 937102
W +254 020 2116338
 F +44 87 1253 2410
www.youthaidscoalition.org

Riverside Drive, Nairobi
Kenya

Citron Wood Foundation [CWF]

President
connie at citronwoodfoundation.org

www.citronwoodfoundation.or.ke

Oxfam  IYP [OIYP]

Action Partner

www.iyp.oxfam.org

International Young Professionals Foundation [IYPF]
Director & Chair FWG
constancewalyaro at iypf.org
www.iypf.org

Health and Int. Trade Advocacy Team - Ke [HTATKE]

Technical Advisor

connie at htatke.or.ke

www.htatke.org

Events Director

Top 30 Under 30

constance at top30under30.com

www.top30under30.com

'youth building a peaceful, equitable and sustainable world' OIYP

…………..as long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality persist in our world, none of us can truly rest. Alleviating poverty is not an act of charity. It is an act of duty. Nelson Mandela
The young leaders who gather for the second sitting of the Oxfam International Youth Parliament (OIYP) in July 2004 in Sydney come from every corner of the Globe and each of them has something unique to contribute. In their diversity they are united by common ideals. They are determined to work together to bring real change where it is needed most in the world.  KOFI ANNAN, Former UN Secretary General