[kictanet] Tandaa - An Honest Analysis

Robert Alai alai.robert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 11:01:36 EAT 2008

Gakuru

Skunkworks is a very poorly done blog. Good content but content only dont
make a blog. But or install any free availeable themes and have a decent
blog. Check my mtandao.blogspot.com and myafricancareer.com

Those are nice themes by Abdul Munir.

Paul stated, "Let's realise that Internet is one. How can have 'our
Internet' so shielded away for 'outsiders Internet' to the extent that
'our content' is only accessible to us yet somehow  we expected to
make money from 'outsiders' through 'our Internet'? Maybe we should
not use downloaded [even-free] 'foreign' software, 'foreign'
computers, 'foreign' concepts, nothing 'foreign' except only localyy
made?" That was heavy!

Gakuru we cannot have our internet yes but we want to launch a detergent to
compete with OMO and what we all the time talking about is OMO. We want to
reform a spoilt child and what we are talking about is his Dark past. Gakuru
criticism of the addiction to the west is not hate. I am grateful for google
because I live entirely on google adverts. But we must start looking for
alternative local website to uplift them

Its what all (or at least the majority of) the people in that room
were there *actually doing* Give Mucheru a break. (You stand accused
of promoting 'foreign content' by using Google mailing lists;)

So if all are theieves in the world then you will want tto be a thief just
beecause all are thieves. Brother, I use google because I dont have a local
equivalent and I urgently need one. I really do.

I wish you had asked ICT Board to make a presentation to the audience
to articulate you point?

Gakuru, I never beg for publicty. I am a very private person and never seek
media coveerage but next time there is such a conference. I will demand to
be given 30 minutes to pour my hear out

Kasarani is your website, right? The conference was not a sales pitch
for *anyone* but a conversation exploring various ways to promote
local content.

Kasarani is owned by my good friend and Kenyan called Daniel Ngari based in
Australia. It was not a sales place? Are you sure. We were promoting local
content. Do you know the meaning of promoting? Please dont be so negative
about anything by Kenyan

Me, me, me again... Try a bit of our, our, our, country's local content.

In that conference you were talking about American sites. And this is the
place now where I really give a standing ovation for Aly Khan. That was a
nice presentation without much foreign nonesense. Thanks Aly. Bongo is very
close to Kenya and inferior to Kenya in almost all aspects. So there are
some nice things to learn from them

Why so excessive negative energy? There must be something NMG have done
right?

Give me one and I will give you 3 wrong ones

Had you tried http://www.tandaa.co.ke/ before the conference? BTW, I
host websites abroad many times and I have no problems with it. It can
be a business decision why host locally with painfully expensive ISP?
Host 'politically incorrect' website at a pro-conformist provider
'anti-telcos' content with one of them.... etc.. It's a matrix of
decision making procees..

Yes I have tries .co.ke but why in the banners and flyers we had
tandaa.comand why is the site hosted in a cheap useless foreign host
called blue Host.
Why not host it locally with UUnet, AccessKenya, AOL, Wananchi, Iconnet?
Why? No money?

The sun waits for no King and time has never been enough.

Do you remember are reminice Obama pronouncing " This is your victory"? Put
it intto this context and you will realise that unalala. We are in the Web
2.0 era where the site visitor is king and determines the mood and subject
of the websites and internet. If you watched I report jana. You would
realise what the presenter was saying about the viewers and bloggers
deciding what CNN.Com should have

'Government' is a strange 3-legged animal Executive, Legislature, and
Judiciacy.
If one makes this animal 'shake like hell,' that person ought to be in
very serious trouble...

Still you view yourself as the electorate negatively. In all democracies we
admire and we should admire, the mwananchi is king. We elect the government
and we can shake them. Jamiiforums.com forced the whole cabinet to resign
and you can ask anywhere. Like I always tell my friends who like throwing
stones at the police and rioting, I will never be found on the street
rioting. My riot is just here in the internet

Would you also be suggesting that new school textbooks be published every
year?

Mentality tena ya zamani. Slides and presentations are not school textbooks.
School text books are like the old cannons used in WWI and II. We are
talking about new war machines. Stealth bombers, whose functions aren being
upgraded all day

I just have. But allow me to add that *nix users have this thing about
multi-thread thought processes which lead me to advice users to format
their Windows and install *nix. It makes engagement multi-faceted
critique and criticize when necessesary but also appreciate and praise
excellent achievement.

Tandaa.08 was an excellent event and I wish the ICT board could
explain to us who were the brains behind it. They can count on me for
their next such conference.

Alex, you are a villager who amezoea shida mpaka hata kama hakuna stima, you
will be celebrating how the authorities are doing fine. Tandaa was below
standard and Paul admitted this and I dont know whom you are trying to
please by not doing so.

About forced mailing list, let me ask you this, who was your IT teacher? Can
I get his names and qualifications. Because I see you have very scant
knowledge about internet listserves. Listserves, blogs, forums and chat
rooms have become so much part of the internet and you seem to have very
primitive knowledge of almost all. With any email address, you can submit it
to listserve providers like Google and yahoo never to be added by anybody to
any list and your adress will automatically reject any addition. Also at the
end of each email from my lists, you have instrructions for unsubscribing.
Ndugu, usiwe wheelbarrow. Follow the process. Unsubscribe and block me from
adding you. A man who has to be pushed to do something and complains that
there is no food is not man enough

ALAI