[kictanet] Pretty Queit?- future topics.

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:54:39 EAT 2008

You are right bwana PS, in my opinion Civil society should ensure
enforcement of government policies (Grand Opposition:)  in addition to
complementing developement initiatives by encouraging inovation and sharing
of best practices, this is the only way some of this projects can be
sustainable, Walu this discussion was timely i guess we have been diving
into some ICT4d initiatives blindly i am sure if we all understood what this
meant then we would have an ICT policy in place by now
Regards

On 5/27/08, bitange at jambo.co.ke <bitange at jambo.co.ke> wrote:

> Walubengo,
> The issue  here is not simple.  Civil society is known to be part of the
> problem in development.  Take the slum areas for example, you cannot move
> anything before civil society is on your case.  Some are protective of the
> status quo in order to get more funds.
>
> Do not get me wrong on this because I know some fine civil society
> organizations committed to see development.
>
> Ndemo.
>

> Sent from my BlackBerry(R)

Barrack O. Otieno
ICWE Africa LTD