[kictanet] Are ICT issues drying up?

Lucy Odhiambo lodhiambo at ict.go.ke
Fri May 2 18:35:15 EAT 2008

Dear All,

The Kenya ICT Board  makes reference to issues raised in this forum about
"The Boards Participation in the recently concluded ICT Village expo". We
would like to state the following

Objective of participation: The event had a strategic fit to our objective
of empowering society through deployment and use of ICTs

Strategic fit:  To create awareness about the boards programs and in
particular Pasha e-centres.

Response: Our stand attracted a great deal of interest and enthusiasm and
this was evidenced b the number of people who visited our stand and signed
up for more information.

No of Visitors our stand: We had 500 Pasha e-center brochures and we ran out
before the end of the event, forcing us to reproduce additional copies to
meet demand and satisfy the need for information. In this regard we also
received over 200 applications for Pasha e-centre's Entrepreneurship
Training within only 2 days to closure, not to mention the numerous
enquiries about our other programs. The board was represented in the opening
conference by the CEO and other senior staff members. Other staff members
attended various other conference tracks that were relevant to their
specific areas of work at the board.

The Boards commitment to its vision: The board programs and activities are
directed by its mandate and vision which is to make Kenya a Top 10 ICT Hub.
By implication this places the boards work in the global arena. The board
therefore remains committed to mission of  'implementing and participating
in programs that will rapidly and innovatively transform Kenya through the
promotion of awareness and adoption of ICT for socio- economic enrichment of
our society".

Feedback - The Board appreciates feedback and uses it to build upon its
programs

Invitation: The Board kindly invites members of this forum and the public at
large to contribute towards its programs directly,  or indirectly through
the recently Launched public panels or other programs.

Regards,

Lucy Gachui

Communications Manager

Kenya ICT Board