[kictanet] Fwd: [Idlelo2] FOSS & Business

Judy Okite judyokite at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 14:38:30 EAT 2008

FYI

Kind Regards,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dapo Ladimeji <dapo at ladimeji.co.uk>
Date: Mar 22, 2008 3:04 AM
Subject: [Idlelo2] FOSS & Business
To: council at fossfa.net
Cc: IDLELO <idlelo2 at fossfa.net>, Fossfa <council at fossfa.net>

Hi Folks
Two matters:
Firstly - hope you guys who went to Idlelo3 had a good time. (I would
have loved to come but no ticket!.)
Secondly - I have been researching FOSS in business and the market has
really changed from the last time I looked. There are now several
production ready FOSS erp solutions suitable for small and medium
sized businesses. This could be  real boon both for medium sized
African businesses and for local African developers/consultants.
I attach a review article from University of Vienna (2006) - only that
I should add that much has even improved since its publication. The
quality is such that I can readily recommend these solutions to my
clients in the UK. (What a difference a few years can make!)
If anyone has any comments let me know.

regards

Dapo