[kictanet] M-PESA for E-Commerce

Michael Joseph MJoseph at Safaricom.co.ke
Fri Mar 7 06:46:21 EAT 2008

Alex:

Why are you afraid? Bill asked a question and we answered it. We could
have ignored it but we felt it was good to contribute. We are continuing
to develop M-Pesa and this functionality has been in development for
some time. We even see a direct connection to the internet for customers
to pay on-line just by clicking a link to M-Pesa.

Why is everything we do bad? Just because we are big? We got that way by
listening to our customers and delivering products and services that
they wanted and would use.

Regards,

Michael

CEO
Safaricom Limited

-----Original Message-----
From: kictanet-bounces+mjoseph=safaricom.co.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke
[mailto:kictanet-bounces+mjoseph=safaricom.co.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke]
On Behalf Of Alex Gakuru
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:20 PM
To: Michael Joseph
Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions
Subject: Re: [kictanet] M-PESA for E-Commerce

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Safaricom
interest in that functionality becoming "another
product" belonging to Safaricom. Of course they may
"not encourage" competitors on their network!

Private monopolies just keep getting bigger everyday.

Thanks Bill,

--- Bill Kagai <mediacorp.research at mediacorp.co.ke>

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/alex.gakuru%40yahoo
.com