[kictanet] Kenya embarks on exercise to protect Intellectual Property - will this help our jeune entrepreneurs?

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Sat Jun 28 18:26:21 EAT 2008

Dear Colleagues - the ICANN Board approved the extension of
current 21 TLDs to infinity:
[1]http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-4-26jun08-e
n.htm

Some forward thinking/planning may be required so that we reserve
important resources like .kenya, .nairobi, etc.

Kind Regards,Waudo
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 01:02:34 +0300, "Brian Longwe" <blongwe at gmail.com> sa
id:

  The penny has finally dropped. After the country's huge loss
  of  revenue due to Japanese patenting of Kenya's traditional
  'kiondo' and the near loss of the traditional 'kikoy' patent
  to a shrewd Kenyan living in the UK, the Kenya Intellectual
  Property Institute (KIPI) has now embarked on a process to
  take stock of traditional knowledge and artifacts and
  determine those that need protection through patent.
  [Full article at]
  [2]http://mashilingi.blogspot.com/2008/06/kenya-embarks-on-exe
  rcise-to-protect.html
  --
  Brian Munyao Longwe
  e-mail: [3]blongwe at gmail.com
  cell: + 254 722 518 744
  blog : [4]http://zinjlog.blogspot.com
  meta-blog: [5]http://mashilingi.blogspot.com

References

3. mailto:blongwe at gmail.com
4. http://zinjlog.blogspot.com/
5. http://mashilingi.blogspot.com/
People make a plan work, a plan alone seldom makes people work (Confucius).