[kictanet] Muthoni wins prestigious international award award that honours technical women

Wanjira, Alice Munyua wanjira at cck.go.ke
Wed Jun 25 13:51:14 EAT 2008

Congratulations Dorcas...we are proud of you!

More details below.

best
alice

-----------------
The Anita Borg Change Agent Awards honor technical women that live and work
outside the United States. They are change agents in their community - working to
attract and support women in technology in their region. Recipients are recognized
for their technical leadership and advocacy work.

http://www.anitaborg.org/initiatives/awards/

--------------
Dear Dorcas,

Congratulations!  In recognition of your commitment to bringing
attention to the issues of women in computing in Kenya, we am pleased to
inform you that you have been awarded an Anita Borg Change Agent Award. We
recognize your work as a change agent, and we would like you to attend the
Grace Hopper Celebration for Women in Computing Conference. As a highly
respected scientist who is dedicated to addressing the challenges of
advancing a complex society as Kenya, and holding the position of Founder
and Managing Director of OPENWORLD Ltd., you truly are a pioneer.  It is
our hope that your participation in the Grace Hopper Celebration will help
bridge women technologists in the United States and abroad.