[kictanet] Marketing Kenya as a BPO Destination (within and without the country)

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Tue Jun 24 12:11:13 EAT 2008

Shem and Titus, I agree with your observations. After attending
some ICT Board events I gathered that BPO is indeed the focus for
the Board, with other activities being 1. Advisory to the Govt 2.
Capacity Building  and 3. Project Management. I have heard the
Board explain that they are not really into "ICT" per se but
rather, its application. I do not mind marketing being a
focus here  (and I think they are doing a good job of it), but
the gap to deal with "ICT" should abe addressed by the
Government. The name "ICT Board" is somehow a misnomer that
confuses some people. A better name would have been "ICT
Marketing Board" or "ICT Promotion Board".

Waudo, in Paris.

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:49:38 -0700 (PDT), "Shem Ochuodho" <shemochuodho at y