[kictanet] [NewVisionKenya] Re: Voiceless 'Knowledge Workers'

aki aki275 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 17 20:06:43 EAT 2008

 If I may add a comment regarding Kenya technology and evolution.
Corrections are welcome. Very briefly :

In general terms, we have to understand that the Technology liberation (
liberalization ) just started very recently eg less than 6-8 years ago. In
reality lack of  liberalization and other factors were responsible for the
backwardness of modernization of systems and ICT culture. I believe as a
country we are still in infancy and slowly crawling out of that shell.

In less than 6-8 years, we have seen tremendous growth in the technology
sectors with a pro-IT development, pro-competitve approach by its players
and planners. While the approach towards unified goals may seem different,
it is important that we give a chance to the current visions and  plans to
achieve long term goals.

Kenya has the talent, resources and we should push very hard to ensure the
visions are implemented beyond discussions.  My hope is that within the next
10 years or so, we will be a technology/infrastructure/systems achievement
and an icon to others.

With Rgds,

Aki.