[kictanet] [NewVisionKenya] Re: Voiceless 'Knowledge Workers'

Lucy Kimani lkimani at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 17:46:14 EAT 2008

Bw Ngotwa:

I think it would help if we listened to each other instead of talking past each other.  I believe bw Ndemo already clarified that there is a Master Plan and in fact a summary is in circulation as confirmed by Monica, and dissemination to the wider public will be done in the next couple of weeks.

Why dont we wait until we all have a copy of the Master Plan, study it and then give constructive feedback.

I personally attended some expos, workshops and seminars while I was in Kenya so the ICT conversation has been going on for a while, and I think this is where the problem is, the wrong assumptions are being made, and I think I see where this is getting personal, when people begin to rubbish other's hard work, then you cant blame them if they go on the offensive!  Lets respect each other's efforts, and if one has constructive feedback/ideas just present them as such, and leave out the innuendos etc.

Nobody has a monopoly on ideas, and Kenya will be better off if all stakeholders are working together towards the same goal.

LK