[kictanet] BarCamp '08 - this Saturday 21 June 2008

Riyaz Bachani riyaz at wananchi.com
Tue Jun 17 10:33:37 EAT 2008

When: Saturday, June 21
Time:  10am - 5pm (of course, this goes later, and I would stick
around for any evening fun and conversation...)
Where: Jacaranda Hotel

[UPDATE: venue was officially changed to the Jacaranda Hotel in
Westlands, sorry for any confusion. We will NOT be meeting at the 680
any longer.] This is thanks to kind sponsorship by Google.

Barcamp Nairobi '08 is an unconference made up of of technical
professionals, Internet enthusiasts, bloggers, designers and other
clever people in the Nairobi area who wish to share and learn in an
open environment. This is all very informal.

Attendees don't just watch a set list of speakers. They give their
own talks. Podcasting. Web standards. Microformats. Gum stick
computers. Physical security. Robotics. Evolutionary algorithms. It
can be anything. This event is not just for stuffy developer types -
one of the best barcamp presentations ever given was about sandwiches.

BARCAMP IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT

It's all FREE thanks to ...

Sponsors
- Ushahidi.com - the first global crowdsourcing platform for crisis.
Made in Kenya ! These guys are going places having just won the
NetSquared Challenge.
- Google
- StrategicLee
- Wananchi