[kictanet] Voiceless 'Knowledge Workers

Tim Rick timrick at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 09:42:36 EAT 2008

Dr. Shem,

That insight on Rwanda being transparent in the way they conduct their ICT
is more than fascinating.I believe you were there for how long 3 years(more
or less).How much time do we need to reach there as Kenyans?We have all the
resources that we need to get us going.I also would love to participate as a
local entrepreneur to driving Kenya into the digital age.These is where we
are failing as a country.We are outsourcing heavily to other companies while
the local guys we are left with little to scramble.I wish the government
would be more dedicated to the local guys and support them.

Regards,

> not
> different
> 300km
> histories,
> Rwanda is
> only
> the
> cleanliness/environment,
> of
> limited
> best
> year's
> ahead of)
> the
> fiber 2.
> prepare
> know of
> the web
> e-Parliament is
> at
> Deputies)
> simultaneously
> 80%
> an
> know
> local
> month
> Rwanda
> on
> don't
> one
> 'one
> another
> make

> ?As we look ahead into the future, Leaders will be those who empower
> others?
> Bill Gates
> E-environment cost saving: Please print this email and or any attachment
> only if you have to.
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:14:31 +0300
> From: Vincent Ngundi <vincent at kenic.or.ke>
> Subject: [kictanet] Official Lauch - KENIC IPv6 Workshop and Africa
>        6Deploy chapter
> To: KICTANet ICT Policy Discussion <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>
> Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>
>
> Dear ICT Actors,
>
> Please note that the KENIC IPv6 workshop is scheduled to start on
> Tuesday the 17th of June 2008 at the Sarova Panafric hotel. The
> workshop will run until the 20th of June 2008.
>
> The honorable Minister for Information and Communications is expected
> to officially launch both the IPv6 workshop and Africa's chapter of
> the 6Deploy project.
>
> The official launch is scheduled to take place at the Sarova Panafric
> hotel on Tuesday the 17th of June 2008 at 9:00am. Kindly consider
> this our formal invitation to you to attend this all important event.
> As an ICT actor, your presence is of utmost value and importance.
>
> About the 6Deploy Project
> The 6Deploy project is a global initiative funded by the European
> Union to support initiatives that promote the awareness and
> deployment of IPv6, the Next Generation Internet. Kenya, arising from
> [...]

James M. Muendo
IT Consultant & Hardware Engineer
Timsoft Technologies & Solutions Ltd
P.O Box 28016 - 00200,