[kictanet] Another lost side-mirror

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 09:41:25 EAT 2008

Very interesting observations...particularly the one on London having the highest 'CCTVs per Citizen' and yet the reduction on petty crime remained minimal.

I guess the moral of the story is that these problems are systemic  and cannot be resolved within the narrow sense of technology i.e. throwing technology at crime may not necessarily bring down the crime statistics. But NOT having the technology on the other hand does drive up the crime statistics. So like all things in life - the solution is fuzzy and must be existing somewhere in between.

Policy frameworks that are holistic or cross-cutting in nature could be the starting point.

walu.