[kictanet] Another lost side-mirror

aki aki275 at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 11 08:39:02 EAT 2008

Just to add a comment. The technology will belong in 2 categories :

- Webcams/low resolution ( low costs ) : Good for general cctv i.e simple
views such as traffic movements at roundabouts, highways etc. Can produce a
very basic monitoring system and simple results.

- High Resolution ( high costs ) : This can allow the agencies to even read
vehicle number plates, capture images of criminal elements etc. Produces
meaningful results. Incase of the hilton issue, this technology would have
provided monitoring but also capture images to identify the criminal
elements.

There can a hybrid system based on the two above. Hopefully some day
soon there will be a national security policy to push for the implementation
of the correct technology and the training of the security agencies that
will help reduce crime.

With Rgds.

Aki.