[kictanet] Forget Credit Cards...Use MPesa to shop online

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 11:27:05 EAT 2008

Sirs/Madams,

A local software company [g360 Ltd] has developed an interesting piece of
software which is able to complete online transactions. The process is
simple. When money is sent via Mpesa, the sender receives a confirmation
which details the sender's number, amount and receipt number. The software
captures this information and stores it in a back-end database. The 'buyer'
after sending the funds via Mpesa is then asked to key in the receipt number
and his/her cell phone and submit the details. The software then compares
the details and if they match it authorises the transaction.

The developers of this software have put a demo page at

http://www.mobilepay.i360microsystems.com

and have identified Kictanet as a good niche that can preview the beta
software and give comments before it is launched to the public.

We are interested in comments on the *'online shopping process'* and *'legal
implications'* for such transactions.

PS1. This software conducts transactions using Mpesa but is not endorsed by
Safaricom and neither do we act as Mpesa Agents.

PS2. If you wish to receive a detailed presentation on how the software
works, please email your request to per-erick at i360microsystems.com

Thanks and looking forward to your valuable comments.

--
Bildad Kagai
MD - MediaCorp Limited