[kictanet] Public Sector Appointments must be on MERIT

Joseph Manthi jmanthi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 17:48:50 EAT 2008

Waudo
Great theoretical discourse on meritocracy but I must stand up for reason.
Democracy is a bad system of government that awards winners with take all
attitudes and ability to run governments the way they wish but it is the
best we have today. And it is better than any other form of government.

The sooner we, as Kenyans, realize that every single senior position from
Ministers to PS to all senior parastatals serve under the pleasure of the
president despite merit and therefore their positions are political the
sooner we can get on with the job at hand. Taking the right of the president
to appoint whomever they want despite merit and politics is a pretty bad
thing.

Lets get on with the job at hand.

Joe

--