[kictanet] New DG

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 09:55:47 EAT 2008

I think I have to support Manthi on this one. We cannot wish away Political influence on such an important and strategic appointment - infact it could be  suicidal to do so.

I havent talked to Shem or the other un-succesfull contenders (pretenders?) for the post but I am 100% sure that they must have tried to get their political godfathers to say a good word for them too. If they didn't have any political godfathers, then they should have prudently declined to apply for the job (like me ;-)

So guys, stop talking criteria only when things do not go your way.  Instead lets congratulate the new DG because economist, engineer, lawyer, informatician or whatever - he did go to school and has the experience to deal with the office. Our role may be more useful in demanding deliverables  from him rather splitting hair on why he was appointed and we were left out.

walu.