[kictanet] New DG

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 17:37:50 EAT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Joseph Manthi <jmanthi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Washington:
> I am not being personal, everything I have stated here is either what Shem
> has said himself and what is in public record. One thing about democracy is
> that the person in power appoints his people. When that person is off power,
> all his people are replace with those of the new "presidents" political
> persuasion. I do not see what you guys are whining about.

In the US, the person in power appoints, and the appointee gets vetted
by Congress,
which has the rights to refuse such an appointment, yes? That is democracy.
In Kenya, where noone can vet, do you still call it democracy?

> Under the circumstances, the current leadership would have appointed a
> village idiot to run CCK because according to them the idiot was qualified
> and there would have been nothing wrong with that. You are listening way too
> much to the WB/IFC to be of any good to the country. This guy has worked in
> CCK - as someone else has stated. He probably knows more about deregulation
> and ICT than 90% of the subscribers to this list - me and Shem included -
> because deregulation is an economic concept. I expect him to lead the CCK
> into the right direction.
>
> Having some ICT knowledge does not make you a good Regulator Manager. The
> problem with people complaining too much is that their audience stops
> listening.
>
> Give the guy a chance and stop whining about who should and who should not
> have been appointed.

So according to you, the status quo is equally good?
Then surely, I believe you are wrongly in this list, which seeks to
establish changes by
coming up with policies that can see this country move to the next level!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,