[kictanet] Flip Video Captures Kenya's Jimi Hendrix

Brian Munyao Longwe brian at caret.net
Wed Jul 23 10:28:37 EAT 2008

Nairobi Buzz: Flip Video captures Kenya's Jimi Hendrix
The day I picked up the Flip Video camera I had a late dinner/drink
with Harry Hare at Rezorus, a restaurant in Westlands. We innocently
walked in and took our seats not knowing that that night was slated
for a special performance by one of Nairobi's hottest bands.

Within a very short time we realised that this was no ordinary
evening as people kept streaming in and the place got fuller. But we
cared less as the band kept belting out their own renditions of
popular songs, both old as well as new. The hottest was probably
"Hotel California" - during which the guitarist played the guitar
solo Jimi Hendrix style with his teeth. As he was doing this, Harry
punched me and pointed at the Flip - "Go catch that!" he shouted. And
here is the result.

http://mashilingi.blogspot.com/2008/07/nairobi-buzz-flip-video-
captures-kenyas.html