[kictanet] Short Code spamming

wainaina.mungai at gmail.com wainaina.mungai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 19:37:26 EAT 2008

I wouldn't want to come across as speaking for any provider, but the
services n question usually give instructions alongside customer care
lines.

We have encountered such issues when running similar services.
Consumer education is a complex and costly affair so we shouldnt be
quick to condemn.

There are however services in the classified ad. sections that do not
even indicate the providers...or cost of the service. Such are
destructive to the whole Premium Rate Services (PRS) sector and must
be curtailed.

The challenge for consumers is that many use the services without a
clear understanding of the Terms f Use....just like few ever read the
Terms of use for GMail or Yahoo Messenger.

Legal issues aside, service providers should be required to offer
clear information on their services.

Wainaina

--
Made in Kenya Network