[kictanet] NATIONAL WORKSHOP FOR ICT POLICY REVIEW

Gakuru, Alex alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 22:12:51 EAT 2008

I would suppose that the ICT Board is best suited to serve as a
national ICT instruments repository considering their mandate at
http://www.ict.go.ke/? This way, we would have a government-wide,
institutionalised access to ICT instruments.

Last week with the Directorate of e-Government, they co-organised a
meeting for all  ministries ICT Heads that was held between 9th-13th
at Mombasa. I was invited to present on FOSS (under the auspicies of
Linux Professionals Association of Kenya.) From various ministries'
presentations I learnt of so many ongoing public sector ICT projects.

My turn, I started off my presentation by showing this Open Movie
<http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/>;)
But I never got to sharing Creative Commons - Open Music: "On Jamendo
artists allow anyone to download and share their music. It's free,
legal and unlimited." <http://www.jamendo.com/en/> Then, went on to a
little more serious FOSS stuff.
(Read motive:- Spreading FOSS:)

regards,