[kictanet] Agenda Bashing - Kenya ICT Stakeholders Forum

David Otwoma otwomad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 20:26:07 EAT 2008

Joe,

You flatter me.

Our Society (http://www.kenyabposociety.or.ke/) has an able Chair and
she would best articulate us on such a forum as evolving from here. In
addition to the contemporary positions of chair, secretary and
treasurer as required by the relevant regulations we also have evolved
special Committees (e.g. Standard & Ethics which I chair and have
seven members, but more important Training, Marketing, Membership,
Events....among others).

We also are young, just turned one year and hence would learn more
from our seniors here who have been in the game for longer times.
However, we pride ourselves as trail blazers in BPO & CC and are
having teething issues. But we wont develop crooked teeth, with your
watchfullness, hopefully.

You flatter me.

Kind regards,

David

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Joseph Manthi <jmanthi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I suggest the The Chief Science Secretary in the Ministry of Science and
> Technology David Otwoma who has just successfully chaired the Standards
> Committee of the BPO discussion?
>
> Well travelled, well spoken and with great leadership skills
>
> Joe
>
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:17 AM, Bill Kagai <billkagai at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Brian Longwe <blongwe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would suggest that we have a freestyle discussion - send your proposals
>>> as a title with a short paragraph describing the point - then other (or
>>> yourself) can contribute add/subtract.
>>
>> Brian - This is also called 'moving forward'.  Thanks for getting us here.
>>
>> I think the first agenda could be the facilitation issue before it gets
>> out of hand. Dr. Ndemo has already demonstrated 'top of the pyramid'
>> leadership by agreeing to host the forum. By extension, maybe we could all
>> be happy if we agreed a body mandated to drive policy e.g. National
>> Communications Secretariat facilitates the session. I am thinking Dr.
>> Kulubi...Eng. Kariuki.
>>
>> [My immediate thoughts].

> Joseph Manthi
> CEO
> MEO Ltd
> http://www.meoltd.com

David Otwoma,
Chief Science Secretary,
National Council for Science and Technology,
Utalii House 9th Floor,
Mobile tel: +254 722 141771,
Office tel: +254 (0)20 2346915,
P. O. Box 29899 - 00100, Nairobi, Kenya