[kictanet] Discipline & Ethics - Re: Legislation andRegulation fore-Commerce in Ken

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Tue Jul 15 13:42:01 EAT 2008

Dear all,
It will be a great honour to host a stakeholders' meeting during the week of July 28th to kick off the ICT Policy review process.  I note that some of you have strong views on our general economic orientation.  This in my view may not be solvable easily.

We must look into our history in order to shape our future.  First the facts:   The policy of Africanization failed.  The pursuit of Panafricanism is good for Africa (see what Anan, Adeniji, Krigler etc have done to us when we could not agree), Kenyans are playing a key role in many countries and we shall hurt them if we pursue isolationist ideology, Kenya has highly qualified people who can easily be MDs in communication industry and that will happen as it has already happened with KQ, all operators in this country have a local equity participation that can be reviewed upwards whenever Kenyans demand so and in the past we have had to review the policy downwards to get to where we are.

Will make more contribution on economic orientation later.

Ndemo

Sent from my BlackBerry®