[kictanet] Experts' warnings of web's future

Brian Munyao Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 10:27:41 EAT 2008

V. Nice Wesley,

This is a v important point...

.... I remember in science fiction reading and futuristic views of
tech in the nineties the adage " the network is the computer"

This is becoming more and more true.

Sine both of us have a foot in the Skunkworks/dev and Kictanet/policy
lists and in view of the recent discussions in S/works around policy I
would like to present both a challenge and an opportunity.

Could we consider a Dev/Policy think-tank (3:1, dev:policy) that can
look at the opportunity to define such platforms for Kenya's national
development? I think a good starting point would be the Pasha
programme as this will be an e-cosystem that spans the entire country
and could potentially have incredible impact.

In fact, could I talk at the next skunks meet about the Pasha tech
infostructure concept? I can assure you it is networking/deployment on
an unprecedented level.

Sent from my iPhone